5.4.09

Pain

I wrote this poem for a friend. Then I realized, it's for me, too. I need it just as much as she does.

When I think about you,
you make me want to
Scream
Cry
Run away
and tell you how much your pain makes me hurt

When I see you there -
Tears making streaks on your face - I want to
Hold you
Comfort you
Dry your eyes
and tell you that I've been there - oh, I've been there

You told me all about it, all the pain
and I wanted to
Fix it
Hide you
and
Make it all go away
So you could have some relief from the echoes and the hurting

The answer is not in the running away,
nor in the silence that you want to keep
it's in the telling and
in the sharing
I've been there
I remember
it's a deep dark valley,
a valley of the shadows of death
and I've walked through it
let me help you
walk through it too

© Elizabeth Klassen 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment