16.1.11

an award? me? really? you shouldn't have.

so. um. [clears throat] i'd like to thank my mom, my dad, and ... er. wait. this isn't the oscars, is it. heh.

no, it's not the oscars. BUT - my special awesome friend over at Hallsi gave me a blog award! that's right, my very first one! thanks jay! and she said some nice things about me that i really don't deserve.
so you should go read her blog.
go.
scoot.
get out of here.

but first:


however. the award comes with CONDITIONS.

the conditions:
1. thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. share 7 things about yourself.
3. award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.

so. fulfilled the first condition already. now for seven things about me.

I. i like making lists, on blogs or elsewhere, of random information about myself.
II. i do not enjoy beer.
III. my toes are cold.
IV. sometimes, i go out of my way to be different from everyone else. like using roman numerals to list things. because i had to point that out.
V. my deodorant smells like mint and my shampoo smells like oranges.
VI. i'm currently attempting to learn russian.
VII. i forgot to write the last letter of my first name when i was signing the signature pad for my driver's license.

but i only have four blogs that i follow that i think this award is appropriate for:

I. my mom, over at the corvidarium - best and most awesomest artisticky mom ever :) she makes beautiful things. love you mom!
II. gertie, from gertie's new blog for better sewing - i feel really privileged to be able to watch the progress of her various sewing projects, and see the amazing results that happen, and also to read the thought-provoking debates that happen on some of her posts (eg, the recent gun-print dress post). thanks for sharing, gertie :)
III. jo, at bridges on the body - again, it's a real privilege to get to see beautiful sewing projects (in this case, corsets) emerge, and with some fantastic workmanship too! thank you as well, jo, for sharing with the rest of us :)
IV. and last but not least, emily from some girls wander - i really enjoy seeing the vintage-flavoured (and often simply vintage!) styles that she loves. where on earth do you find such gorgeous pieces, emily? oh and her art is fabulous too, you should check it out.

thank you all; sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment