15.5.13

Hey teacher leave those kids alone // Everything she does is magic // Time keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future // I am the Eggman, I am the Eggman, I am the Walrus....

Unfamiliar desk; Blue Screens Of Death; Classic Rock from a Washington station playing on my left; and a wide-open door on the right.

Today I'm at a different location than on previous days. This means new stuff to learn, different systems of doing things, and lots of blue screens of death if you don't change SATA settings to IDE in the BIOS, at least on specific machines....

I'll be here Wednesdays and Thursdays for a while; until the end of May, after which, I'm here Thursdays and Fridays. The other three days of the week I'm at the old location, so I'm back and forth. Keeps things interesting, I suppose.

Last night I voted in the BC election. I have decided (like most Canadians, I suspect) that I don't like politics, and that sometimes the lesser of two weevils is the best option. The irony, of course, is that at UFV I'm totally involved in student politics - you can't help it, though, if you're President of a student Association. Still, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Tonight I'm going to rewatch last week's Doctor Who with a friend who hasn't seen it yet, and I'm kind of looking forward to watching it again as well - have I mentioned how fantastic of an actor Matt Smith is? I'm fully expecting my friend to get very excited for the season finale (which, let me remind you, is this week!!). I watched two older episodes last night, for kicks - The Pandorica Opens and Big Bang.
I also have to watch the NCIS finale this week sometime yet. Last week's episode left me on the edge of my seat on account of Gibbs.
Castle's finale made me cry a little, mostly in a good way - but there was a moment where Nathan Fillion did his really hurt betrayal face, it was almost like the one scene in Firefly: Ariel where he has Jayne in the airlock - he's so very good at that, and that was one of the bits that made me cry.

I just realised that once my shows are over, I'll have even less to write about. *sadface* Aw well, maybe I'll start doing movie reviews - the new Star Trek movie is coming out this week. Oh boy!

Anyhow, that's my day in a nutshell.

And yes, the title of this post is lines from some of the songs that I've heard on the radio this morning. Listening to the Eggman/Walrus song right this second, actually.
Toodles, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment